Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Friday to everyone! Here's a little dollop of goodness for the weekend....great quick super delicious breakfast....

Puff Pancake
3/4 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Milk
3 Eggs
6 Tbs. Butter (I know it sounds like a lot but you do need it to make it super delicious)
Sometimes I add a pinch of nutmeg and or a bit of vanilla....

Mix all together....in the mean time preheat oven 400.
When up to temperature place 12" oven proof pan along with the 6 Tbs. butter in oven
Melt the butter but don't burn
Add the batter and cook for 15 minutes

We then serve immediately with lemon juice, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Other options are fresh fruit or jam. Make it your own....


A few notes:
We usually use a Calpholon 12" (or 14" if we double the recipe) anodize omelet pan. You need something that can go in the oven, has sides and a handle.

I have been making this since I was a kid so I'm not sure where the original recipe came from. I have heard this referred to a Dutch baby or a Popover Pancake. One of my friends made it for her kids and they now refer to it as a "Puffer".

Enjoy and let me know how you like it....

2 comments:

  1. not sure WHY i didn't see this until this morning after i made choc. chip yogurt pancakes for liam, that btw failed miserably in the errr "aesthetic" department!
    next sunday, THIS is on my list!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sis Nan made this for me and the kids this morning....thought of you with every bite....it was soooo yummy...thanks sweets!xoxomk

    ReplyDelete